Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A simple photography...


I don’t know the name’s photography, I don’t know who took it and neither when it the photo was take. But I know that it is in contemporary dance website, because I found here. Since that I saw this I liked, but I’m not sure that it is my favorite photography.

This image isn’t sophisticated, because the photography is in black white and only has one figure. It shows a woman, I can to suppose that she is a contemporary dancer for how she dresses. She wears a black trousers and a shirt, she don’t have slippers. Her position is unusual, is very difficult… she is balancing all her body in only foot, she even have her extended left foot… her other leg is up. The most impressive is her body control, because she proves to have good elongation overcoat in her back and neck.

What does she try to express with this movement? What kind music is she listening? I don’t know exactly. But I imagine what she is expressing a strong emotion while she listen a music with a slow, wide and marked rhythm. Maybe she like to liberate a problem by dance. But if she is marching with exaggerated pace? What think you?

I like very much the photos in black white. It isn’t the exception. When I see this kind the photos I think that the contrast the color is interesting, it without consider the image.


3 comments:

  1. that pretty picture !.... I love the dance and all kinds of artistic expression, because brings out the deepest part of ourselves, our essence, what sometimes rejected because they are "working" in this society.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a nice pic indeed! Ada let's talk next Friday.

    ReplyDelete